CU3ER Issue with ExpressionEngine 2

I was integrating CU3ER (Flash 3D image slider – ) with one of my EE2 project, faced an issue – the config xml wasn’t loaded, finaly solved it, going to share with you.

Basically CU3ER loads data from an XML file. As my site’s banner slider needs to be dynamic for each section, i need to make the XML file dynamic. Thats why i created a weblog to add images, text for xml file. Later i created an XML template “config.xml” to template group “common”. So thats template can be accessible by As per documentation ( ), my configuration was

<script type="text/javascript" src=""></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
	    var flashvars = {};
	    flashvars.xml = "{site_url}common/config.xml";
	    flashvars.font = "";
	    swfobject.embedSWF("", "cu3er_swf", "960", "360", "", "", flashvars, params, attributes);

I had put the files proper location(on cu3er folder), checked the rendered html was ok but the slider couldnt loads the images/data from xml file. I checked the xml file ( is well-formed with valid data. Certainly i found the error while debugging using firebug, see the screenshot value –

Although i’ve put config xml location – , but CU3ER sent request by adding another get var t, so requested url became and certainly EE failed to load proper template on my server. So i’ve updated the rewrite rule on htaccess – instead of this

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [L]

I’ve put following

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?/$1 [L]

Added an extra question sign(?) and it works. Hope this will help you if face such problem or if you want to integrate CU3ER on your ExpressionEngine project.

3 thoughts on “CU3ER Issue with ExpressionEngine 2

  1. Thank you for your tutorial.
    I have a problem. I’ve the same problem as you, but when I add the Rewrite Rule to the .htaccess, nothing changes, still shows the “?”. I even check all with firebug and no change. What could it be the problem?

    • Hi pvalle,
      Clear cache and try again. Does mod-rewrite works on your server? Also try to set uri as query string rather than path info which might solve that problem. If still the problem exists, send me the url, i can check.


  2. If you add two question marks in the URL, the GET request won’t be completed. I suggest making changes to URI_PROTOCOL in config.php.

    Editing config.php to add these

    $config[‘uri_protocol’] = ‘ORIG_PATH_INFO’;

    Should do the trick.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.